These cookies remind me of the old Who Needs a Brownie cookies from Saint Cupcake back in the old days. However this recipe doesn’t have nuts in it. Though they would be pretty great with nuts. Sort of crackly on the outside and gooey on the inside as any good brownie should be.
1# Bittersweet Chocolate chips (this should be good chocolate, not chocolate chips)
4 oz AP flour
3/4t Baking Powder
3 1/2 Eggs
8oz Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt together bittersweet chocolate and butter.
- Sift AP flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- Whip sugar and eggs on high speed until light and thick.
- Switch to a paddle attachment and stream in butter/chocolate mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add in flour on low speed, scrape bowl.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop immediately. These will set up at room temp and dough should be shiny. If it isn’t, it will be ok, they just won’t be as pretty looking. Portion with level blue scoop.
- Bake at 350 for 7 minutes, rotate and bake for another 6-8 min. Try a couple test cookies based on the size you scoop them. They should be crackly on the outside (like a meringue) and slightly gooey on the inside.